Location, Location, Location!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

REVIEW: Light by 'Nathan Burgoine!!

"Kieran Quinn is a bit telepathic, a little psychokinetic, and very gay—three things that have gotten him through life perfectly well so far—but when self-styled prophet Wyatt Jackson arrives during Pride Week, things take a violent turn.

Kieran’s powers are somewhat underwhelming but do have a habit of refracting light into spectacular rainbows for him to hide behind. Even so, it’s not long before Kieran is struggling to maintain his own anonymity while battling wits with a handsome cop, getting some flirting in with a hunky leather man, saving some drag queens, and escaping the worst blind date in history. It’s enough to make a fledgling hero want to give up before he even begins.

One thing’s for sure: saving the day has never been so fabulous."


I loved this book!

Action packed, dangerous, sexy, funny and dramatic!

Kieran was a witty and realistic character whose ability to refract light might seem silly to the max, but because of Burgoines' writing skill, it made for not only a pretty rad power, but a terrific usage in the story, and a lot of funny moments!

Wyatt Jackson was creepy as hell! I mean, seriously. I loved this aspect of the book and its clear allusion to Westboro Baptist. The surprise involving Stigmatic Jack, while I did see coming, was still, pretty awesome!

I loved Kierans' relationship with Karen and Miracle Woman and his brother and found them all to be sweet and believable. I liked that they all had their own type of humor too.

Sebastian was a good love interest and totally hot, but I did not like him completely. He was bit too strange.. There was a crazy dire and dangerous moment involving ropes and a van and Sebastian was horny which completely bugged me! He was at times too possessive and aggressive, but I guess(??) that's what Kieran likes/liked... Personally, I was hoping for something with the cop. He was cute and sweet and seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. Maybe in the next book...

... Cus honestly, I can see this becoming a series in lieu of Sookie Stackhouse, which is what Light somewhat reminded me of. And if Sookie can have sex with everyone, why cant Kieran too!!! ;~)))

Highly Recommend!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment